Let students know ahead of time that they are going to get disgusting and to bring a change of clothes!
Be creative. Make one course and time people going through or make it for two people, with two of each part of the course so it can be a race or relay. Either way, videotape it for great viewing later.
- Have them start by jumping off something into a tub/baby pool of a couple dozen eggs. Then, dripping with egg goo, they run over a broken down cardboard box covered with French fries with ketchup on them. (Just spread out a few SuperSize fries and squirt Ketchup all over.)
- Next, have them go through a box maze that you set up with a few refrigerator/dishwasher (large) boxes. Sprinkle in your favorite item for them to slide through (we did flour). You can have “squirters” on the sides of these boxes with bottles of syrup. Have the “squirters” squirt syrup at the people going through the box maze, just like a car wash!
- Then have them crawl through the Tunnel O’ Goo. The Tunnel O- Goo is simply a plastic bag tunnel that you make, filled with yucky stuff. Peg a large sheet of plastic – preferably black so it warms in the sun – and peg it to the ground. Get a whole lot of scraps, sauce, anything you like. This is good for camps because you collect the leftovers from the week! Then place another sheet of plastic over it all- don’t peg this one down. It’s kind of like a slip and slide with a lid! Have a couple people on each side holding the ends up for air flow.
- They then proceed to a table(s) filled with party hats. Fill them up with powdered sugar or the like. They obviously put these on for the rest of the course.
- Next will be more cardboard covered with finger paint- or something colorful for them to walk through.
- From there they go to a plate of whipped cream to find buried gummy bears . . . without their hands- of course!
- Last comes the “Dirty Diapers” on a table. These have 2 different types of pudding inside each diaper – Butterscotch & Chocolate. (note from Jonathan – if you ask me about this . . . I’m taking the 5th amendment!) They must lick the contents inside – top to bottom. That would end any race!
The people that watch the SLOP-STACLE course have as much fun as the people that do it (if not more)!
Jonathan McKee is the author of over twenty books including the brand new The Guy's Guide to FOUR BATTLES Every Young Man Must Face; The Teen’s Guide to Social Media & Mobile Devices; If I Had a Parenting Do Over; and the Amazon Best Seller - The Guy's Guide to God, Girls and the Phone in Your Pocket. He speaks to parents and leaders worldwide, all while providing free resources for youth workers on TheSource4YM.com. Jonathan, his wife Lori, and their three kids live in California.