Depending on # of players…for each team formed you will need:
- 1- t-shirt (or sweat shirt)size 2x-3x
1- pair sweat pants size 2x-3x
3 blind folds
1 laundry basket
Objects to be put into basket
Form teams of 4 players each:
- 1-person is the “eyes & mouth”
- 1-person is the “brain”
- 1-person is “1/2 the body”
- 1-person is other “1/2 of body”
Get prepared for game:
- “Body” gets into the sweat pants and shirt together (then blindfold them).
- The “Brain” stands behind the “Body” and is blindfolded (may hold on to back of sweat shirt.)
- The “eyes & mouth” stands next to the “Brain.”
How to play:
- The “Eyes and mouth” whispers to the “brain” what to tell the “Body” to do.
- The body tries to get the pre-designated objects into their own basket.
- When all objects are found and in their basket, Team sits down.
- “Eyes & mouth” yells “DONE!”
- First team to sit wins!
- No peeking!
- “Eyes & mouth” must only “whisper” to the “Brain.”
- “Brain is the only one who can “talk.”
- Body may not use their arm or hand that is inside of the sweat shirt.
- Gallon size food cans
- Twisted pipe cleaners “on” each basket
- Large ball
This game works best if the objects cannot be picked up with one hand. Have the same kind of object for each team to pick up.
Variation: When all objects are found and in team baskets…Leader yells “Done!” Each team sits and the team with the most objects in their basket wins. This way does not require identical objects for each team.
The Point/Discussion Idea: Ask what they learned about the Church being “One Body” through this game.
Added by Vonnie Waldrop
Jonathan McKee is the author of over twenty books including the brand new The Bullying Breakthrough; The Teen’s Guide to Social Media & Mobile Devices; If I Had a Parenting Do Over; and the Amazon Best Seller - The Guy's Guide to God, Girls and the Phone in Your Pocket. He speaks to parents and leaders worldwide, all while providing free resources for youth workers on TheSource4YM.com. Jonathan, his wife Lori, and their three kids live in California.