This game is best played as a team game. Divide your audience before moving on (i.e. boys vs girls, grade vs grade, left side right side, etc). The audience will hear a quote from a movie. The first person to come up to the front and give the correct answer wins a point for their team. The team with the most points at the end of the game wins.
1. Normal? What do you know about normal? What does anyone in this family know about normal? We act normal, mom! I want to be normal! The only normal one is Jack-Jack, and he’s not even toilet trained! (Violet from “The Incredibles”)
2. You stink. You smell like beef and cheese! You don’t smell like Santa. (Elf)
3. Everywhere we go (Everywhere we go). People wanna know (people wanna know). Who we are (who we are). So we tell them (so we tell them) We Are The Titans! (We Are The Titans!) The Mighty, Mighty Titans! (The Mighty, Mighty Titans!) (Remember the Titans)
4. Did you honestly think by all this that you could save the human traitor? You are giving me your life and saving no one. So much for love. Tonight, the Deep Magic will be appeased, but tomorrow, we will take Narnia forever! In that knowledge, despair… and die! (Chronicles of Narnia – The Lion, the witch, and the wardrobe)
5. Humans of Earth, my quest has lead me to your planet. Give it to me now! You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It’s just business. Gallaxhar out. (Monsters versus Aliens)
6. My master made me this collar. He is a good and smart master and he made me this collar so that I can talk. Squirrel!… My master is good and smart. (Up)
7. Before time began, there was…the Cube. We know not where it comes from, only that it holds the power to create worlds and fill them with life. That is how our race was born. For a time we lived in harmony, but like all great power, some wanted it for good…others for evil. And so, began the war. A war that ravaged our planet until it was consumed by death. And the Cube was lost to the far reaches of space. We scattered across the galaxy, hoping to find it and rebuild our home. Searching every star, every world. And just when all hope seemed lost, message of a new discovery drew us to an unknown planet called…Earth. But we were already too late. (Transformers)
8. I already told you, didn’t I? You’re not coming home with me! I live alone! MY swamp! ME! Nobody else, understand?! Nobody! Especially useless. Pathetic. Annoying. TALKING DONKEYS!!! (Shrek)
9. Wherever we want to go, we go. That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel and a hull and sails; that’s what a ship needs. Not what a ship is. What the Black Pearl really is, is freedom. (Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl)
10. Right now, poised at the edge of the galaxy, Emperor Zurg has been secretly building a weapon with the destructive capacity to annihilate an entire planet! I alone have information that reveals this weapon’s only weakness. And *you*, my friend, are responsible for delaying my rendezvous with Star Command! (Toy Story)
11. They cursed us. Murderer they called us. They cursed us. And we wept, Precious, didn’t we? We wept to be so alone. And we only wish to catch fish so juicy sweet. And we forgot the taste of bread… the sound of trees… the softness of the wind. We even forgot our own name. My Precious. (Lord of the Rings: Return of the King)
Submitted by Rev. Daniel J. Manns
Jonathan McKee is the author of over twenty books including the brand new The Guy's Guide to FOUR BATTLES Every Young Man Must Face; The Teen’s Guide to Social Media & Mobile Devices; If I Had a Parenting Do Over; and the Amazon Best Seller - The Guy's Guide to God, Girls and the Phone in Your Pocket. He speaks to parents and leaders worldwide, all while providing free resources for youth workers on TheSource4YM.com. Jonathan, his wife Lori, and their three kids live in California.