Ten Bags of Doom
Ten Bags of Doom doesn't take much set up time, just a lot of clean up. This works great as a motivation/marketing piece for a certain event. Pick a staff guy who all the kids love to tell the students that if they bring a certain number of their friends to a certain event, they get to give him the “Ten Bags o' Doom!” The “Ten Bags . . .” are 10 messy items they get to dump on his head.
Rule of thumb, start with something sticky – and everything else sticks to it! Here's a typical order of 10 items we would dump on the poor staff person:
- Gallon milk
- Jumbo bottle of syrup
- Bag of flour
- Hershey's chocolate syrup
- Box of Fruity Pebbles
- Pancake Mix
- Jumbo Jar of Apple Sauce
- Jar of Prego Spaghetti Sauce
- Squeeze Bottle of Mustard
A couple things to remember:
- Only do “Ten Bags . . .” to a Male staff member – I don't have enough time to list the number of reasons why . . . just trust me!
- Only do “Ten Bags . . .” to a staff member who agrees to it, and has a good attitude (and understands the purpose of your group).
- Have a hose nearby!
- Prepare for a mess on the ground!
- Have the staff person bring a towel and a change of clothes!
Also see Slop-stacle Course on our EVENTS PAGE.
Jonathan McKee is the author of over twenty books including the brand new The Bullying Breakthrough; The Teen’s Guide to Social Media & Mobile Devices; If I Had a Parenting Do Over; and the Amazon Best Seller - The Guy's Guide to God, Girls and the Phone in Your Pocket. He speaks to parents and leaders worldwide, all while providing free resources for youth workers on TheSource4YM.com. Jonathan, his wife Lori, and their three kids live in California.