This is a fun activity where teams work together as a body collecting simple but large objects, and putting them in a basket or container. This is fun to do as several teams competing against each other for time.
Depending on # of players…for each team formed you will need:
- One t-shirt (or sweat shirt)size 2x-3x
- one pair sweat pants size 2x-3x
- three blind folds
- two sets of ear plugs
- 1 laundry basket or large box
- Large objects to be put into basket (Good items: large balls of different colors, large 1 gallon cans of food with no handles, other items that can’t be grabbed with one hand. Usually 5 to 10 items are a good amount.)
Form teams of 4 players each:
- 1-person is the “eyes & mouth”
- 1-person is the “brain”
- 1-person is “1/2 the body”
- 1-person is other “1/2 of body”
Get prepared for game:
- “Body” gets into the sweat pants and shirt together, one on the left side, one on the right side (then blind fold them and put earplugs in their ears).
- The “Brain” stands behind the “Body” and is blindfolded. (May hold on to back of sweat shirt.)
- The “eyes & mouth” stands next to the “Brain.”
How to play:
- The “Eyes and mouth” whispers to the “brain” what to tell the “Body” to do.
- Brain yells to the body what to do
- The body tries to get the pre-designated objects into their own basket.
- When all objects are found and in their basket, team sits down.
- “Eyes & mouth” yells “DONE!”
- First team to sit wins!
- No peeking!
- “Eyes & mouth” must only “whisper” to the “Brain.”
- “Brain is the only one who can “talk.”
- Body may not use their arm or hand that is inside of the sweat shirt.
Original idea by Vonnie Waldrop
Jonathan McKee is the author of over twenty books including the brand new The Bullying Breakthrough; The Teen’s Guide to Social Media & Mobile Devices; If I Had a Parenting Do Over; and the Amazon Best Seller - The Guy's Guide to God, Girls and the Phone in Your Pocket. He speaks to parents and leaders worldwide, all while providing free resources for youth workers on TheSource4YM.com. Jonathan, his wife Lori, and their three kids live in California.