Good to read one at a time by several students on stage, like a goofy skit.
- What? I can't miss (latest popular tv show) now! I'm too into it!
- I haven’t seen the latest episode of “Survivor 41,” either.
- I need to spend more time with my family…yah, that's it…my family.
- I feel overweight…I need to exercise to burn off those calories I consumed today.
- I’m too sleepy in the morning to read my Bible.
- I’m too sleepy at night to read the Bible.
- I’ve already been to church this week. Isn’t that enough time for God?
- This Physics textbook is so exciting…I’ll start having quiet times more regularly after I finish it.
- I have way too much homework.
- My “It’s-All-About-Me” and “Studmuffin Today” magazines came in the mail, and I’ll waste away if I don’t read them tonight!
- I’ve got so much to do around the house. I have to clean my room, walk the dog, scoop its poop, change the litter box, pick on my little brother…..
- I just don’t feel like spending time with the Lord.
- I have to go to work after school. By the time I get home, I’m too fried to spend time with God.
- It doesn’t really hurt me to skip my quiet time today, does it?
- It doesn’t hurt to go a week without a quiet time, does it?
Seven days without prayer makes one weak.
By David Boehi (revised by Danette Matty)
Jonathan McKee is the author of over twenty books including the brand new The Bullying Breakthrough; The Teen’s Guide to Social Media & Mobile Devices; If I Had a Parenting Do Over; and the Amazon Best Seller - The Guy's Guide to God, Girls and the Phone in Your Pocket. He speaks to parents and leaders worldwide, all while providing free resources for youth workers on TheSource4YM.com. Jonathan, his wife Lori, and their three kids live in California.