Instructions: This is a Boys vs Girls Game. One boy and one girl from each team will come up to the front of the stage; however, there is a twist. Every boy and girl that plays the game will have to meet certain criteria. For example: we might ask for contestants with blond hair or who wear glasses, etc. Once you find contestants for the question, read the trivia question. The first person to answer correctly wins points for their team. If they answer incorrectly, the other team gets a chance to answer & win the points. There will be a double jeopardy round at the end when you get a chance to wager the points you’ve earned throughout the game. Team with most points after the last round wins. Winning team gets a sweet prize after service like pizza or milk and cookies!
100 Point Questions:
1. Criteria: We are looking for contestants who own a dog.
Question: In the movie “Grease” what actor played the role of Danny Zuko? Was is: A. Nicholas Cage B. Sylvester Stallone or C. John Travolta (C)
2. Criteria: We are looking for contestants who have red hair.
Question: According to the instructions in the Hokey Pokey, what do you do with your right hand once you put it in, put it out and put it in again? (Shake it all about)
3. Criteria: We are looking for contestants with a summertime birthday (June, July or August).
Question: Where can you find the smallest bones in the human body? A. The ears B. The hands C. The feet (A)
200 Point Questions
4. Criteria: We are looking for contestants who attended our last youth event.
Question: Who was the famous explorer renowned for his travels to Asia along the Silk Road? A. Ponce De Leon B. Ferdinand Magellan C. Marco Polo (C)
5. Criteria: We are looking for contestants that are a “middle child” – have at least one older and one younger brother or sister.
Question: If you travel to the southernmost point of the mainland of South America, what country are you in? A. Argentina B. Chile C. Uraguay (B)
6. Criteria: We are looking for contestants who had pancakes for breakfast.
Questions: The Major League Baseball hall of fame and museum is located in what New York town? A. Cooperstown B. Schenectady C. Poughkeepsie (A)
300 point questions
7. Criteria: We are looking for contestants who have performed in a school musical, have been part of the student body, been on the yearbook team, or been a part of any after school club for their school.
Question: Fort Knox is a US army outpost and the location for the gold depository of the US government. In what state is Fort Knox located? (A. Kentucky B. Tennessee C. Missouri (A)
8. Criteria: We are looking for contestants who have a problem with excessive sweating or who like to eat pickles.
Question: What is the name of the astronaut who first stepped foot on the moon? A. Buzz Aldrin B. Neil Armstrong C. Alan Sheppard
9. Criteria: We are looking for contestants who can do a handstand, summersault or a split.
Question: What is the branch of mathematics that studies relationships between the sides and angles of triangles? A. Trigonometry B. Geometry C. Calculus (A)
Final Jeopardy Round:
Contestant criteria: Send up 1 leader!
Final Jeopardy Question Subject: The Bible
Place your wagers! (If at the end of the round there is a tie – then the team with the most points going into the final round wins)
Question: What is the name of John the Baptists parents?
Answer: Zechariah and Elizabeth. (Zecharias is also acceptable)
Submitted by Dan Manns
Jonathan McKee is the author of over twenty books including the brand new The Guy's Guide to FOUR BATTLES Every Young Man Must Face; The Teen’s Guide to Social Media & Mobile Devices; If I Had a Parenting Do Over; and the Amazon Best Seller - The Guy's Guide to God, Girls and the Phone in Your Pocket. He speaks to parents and leaders worldwide, all while providing free resources for youth workers on TheSource4YM.com. Jonathan, his wife Lori, and their three kids live in California.