This game works best when students are allowed to team up (around tables, for instance) and compete in groups. Hand out a copy of the “NBA Challenge” given below.
1. Fish hate getting caught in these.
2. It doesn’t feel good when you do this while shaving.
3. This team loves numbers.
4. A prehistoric meat-eater.
5. Don’t wear red around these guys…
6. This team could possibly be found in the engine of your car.
7. Birds of Prey
8. You might try to find some shade to avoid this.
9. Pulling a bunny out of a hat.
10. Be careful you don’t get put under his spell.
11. Lions, Tigers, and ______, oh my!
12. Old cowboys wore these on their boots.
13. You might find these in chicken or gold.
14. What you might call guys that go into battle.
15. The earths power supply.
16. Arthur, Tut, and Nebuchadnezzar.
Give the student teams about 2 minutes to get as many done as possible. When time is up, grade the groups and award prizes to most correct.
Jonathan McKee is the author of over twenty books including the brand new The Guy's Guide to FOUR BATTLES Every Young Man Must Face; The Teen’s Guide to Social Media & Mobile Devices; If I Had a Parenting Do Over; and the Amazon Best Seller - The Guy's Guide to God, Girls and the Phone in Your Pocket. He speaks to parents and leaders worldwide, all while providing free resources for youth workers on TheSource4YM.com. Jonathan, his wife Lori, and their three kids live in California.