Get an even amount of students and staff in the room. You can add staff as needed to make the number even.
Students and staff mingle to music and shake hands. When the music stops, everyone must find another person and shake hands. The leader calls out a question they must ask of whomever they are shaking hands. Use both fun and serious questions.
- What is your favorite pizza?
- What is your favorite kind of weather and why?
- If you could go anywhere on a vacation for a week, where would you go?
- What would you do with $1,000 dollars cash right now?
- Share a moment in your life where you remember being the most happy.
- Share a moment in your life where you were really sad.
Hint: You can use questions that will kick off that night's discussion.
Submitted by Young Life
The Point: Getting to know you
Jonathan McKee is the author of over twenty books including the brand new The Bullying Breakthrough; The Teen’s Guide to Social Media & Mobile Devices; If I Had a Parenting Do Over; and the Amazon Best Seller - The Guy's Guide to God, Girls and the Phone in Your Pocket. He speaks to parents and leaders worldwide, all while providing free resources for youth workers on TheSource4YM.com. Jonathan, his wife Lori, and their three kids live in California.